Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ketumpang Air (Peperomia pellucida)

I went to Popular this afternoon, looking for watercolor. I kept thinking on how to color my Arowana with watercolor. I really didn't want to spoil my Arowana, it's not easy to draw it and took times to finish the details. Suddenly I saw an interesting object on the shelf...it was Faber-Castell WaterColour Pencils! Hmmm...I like! So I bought a Buncho Water Color and the watercolour Pencils.

Although I think using the watercolor pencils would solve my problem, but I still love my Arowana. I know that I'm not good in watercolor painting, so the risk is high. So instead of doing the coloring experiment on Arowana, I pull out a Ketumpang Air plant from the drain at my office and draw it... then color it using the watercolour pencils...and water. Mission completed!

2 comments:

  1. Nice! A great start. Did you wet the colorpencil?

    Nanti, you just lukis anything simple and try to use watercolor. Dia kena selalu praktis dan lama-kelamaan baru boleh dapat feel. Kak Emila dah selesa sangat dengan watercolor, kadang2 pakai pensel warna pun dah tak best.

    Ooo pokok ni nama ketumpang air ya. Ada banyak kat rumah Kak Emi. Dia tumpang duduk dalam pasu bunga ros, kat tepi longkang dan tempat2 yang lembab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you K.Em. Yes I did. But I think the watercolor effect is not so obvious.

    Ok, I'll keep it in mind. Seronok juga dapat buat benda baru.

    Pokok ketumpang air ni kategori herba juga k.Em. Saya tak ingat pula kegunaannya :p

    ReplyDelete